Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dear NHL... I'm angry at you!

So, I got really tickd off since the ONLY playoff series I wanted to see was the Pens and it was the ONLY one that was being blacked out on Versus. I called them, and they told me to talk to my cable provider. So I called Time Warner and was pretty much blown off, and told that because I wasn't in the Pittsburgh area I was SOL! WHAT?! Are you kidding me?? And they said that it was up to the NHL, so here is the letter that my roommate and I came up with in response... The best part is that 1. She's a high school English teacher and 2. She's not even a crazed hockey fan! But even she was pissed! Enjoy!!

To whom it may concern. I'm writing to inform you of my displeasure in finding that for some unknown reason, I am unable to watch my favorite hockey team, the Pittsburgh Penguins, play their playoff games. I have contacted both my local cable company as well as the channel that is hosting the playoff series (Versus), and have been disappointed to find that no one has been able to explain to me why this, and only this, playoff series is being blacked out. All I have been able to find out is that it is a decision coming from the National Hockey League itself. Because I do not live in the greater Pittsburgh area, I am unable to receive the ONLY channel (FSN-Pittsburgh) that seems to be showing this series. I know that I cannot be the only person that is OUTRAGED at this slight!!! I can only imagine the amount of potential advertising and the large viewer base that you are purposefully neglecting. I certainly hope that in the near future you will realize your egregious mistake and correct it with all haste.

Like it? I doubt I'll get a response or anything, and I'm glad that FSN-P gets to show it... but come on... I wanna be able to SEE THE EFFING GAMES!

No comments:

Post a Comment